Thoughts on Puzzle 25 : MIXED SIGNALS

Has anyone solved using code and found a good dictionary to work with? Every dictionary I find online is either too small or contains a lot of “junk”

No we have this one until sunday

1 Like

I don’t know much code but solved by putting all the letters on little pieces of paper then reconstructing words logically from deduction. I numbered the papers so that I could put them back in order each time. I only needed to do this for 4 of the words but it helped immensely.

4 Likes

This one was fun!

Slightly frustrating, but I honestly just pen-and-papered my way through it. lol

What I did was look at the first letter in each word, and wrote out every word that could be made from the clue from that starting point. Then I moved on to the next letter and did the same thing, repeating until the 5th or 6th letter in. Once I had a list of words, I compared them visually for a triplicate pattern.

At the start it was kind of rough, but I got better at it as I went along. The 7th, 8th, and 9th clues I was able to solve after the first pass of my process (only having the words that were possible starting with the first letter).

Super clever puzzle!

2 Likes

I did the same thing, but i used online word finders/word unscramblers to help get list of possible words. Still, took a while to write out all the possible words. After solving 3 clues, I started finding words that had those 3 letters in the right location and then put the guesses in the the website. One of them was the solution.
You should be able to solve 2 or 3 clues and then use an online word finder to get some guesses for the answer. Guessed about 20 different words for the solution. Good luck!

2 Likes

I am doing the same thing.

Edit: Found the 9-letter word, at last, after confirming just the 2nd letter and canceling the odd ones out from a big list of possible words. And then did some trial and error.

2 Likes

I did indeed solve it with code. It was a major adventure, although it took a bit longer to code than a friend who just used his brain.

3 Likes

As I wrote above, the USA English list of words in JUST WORDS! Dictionaries and Word Lists is sufficient to find (multiple) word combinations and letters for the clues, but not to find the final answer.

The final answer is in the larger dictionary (GitHub - dwyl/english-words: A text file containing 479k English words for all your dictionary/word-based projects e.g: auto-completion / autosuggestion) or you can skim through the multiple clue solutions visually and select the correct one (it is mostly obvious).

4 Likes

It was a word that I don’t think even native English speakers use often. Although, I may be wrong.

1 Like

sorry for asking again but how long will this be online?
And where can I find that information? thanks:)

I made a program that gets all in-order permutations of the mixed word and filters out english words. However, there are too many produced words to search through. For those of you who made a program that produced 3-word triplets, how did you do this?

Bro I totally give up there is no way I’m going to be able to solve this

See this T&C page

You will find a table with all the dates and the GMT time.

1 Like

Keep trying, don’t give up. After you find a few letters out of the 9 that you’re sure are correct, go to the most popular shared link on this page (you’ll find it under Popular Links on the top of this page), and on that website, try the letters you found on specific positions. You’ll get a list of possible 9-letter words, one of them is the final answer.

1 Like

Does your program return 3 English words and an extra letter from each of those scrambled lines?

cheers my friend:)
will check there from now on

1 Like

Triplets meaning they have to be related, for example horse, pig, hen or run, jump, swim?
Or can it be like a sentence for example loose shoe slip?

Nevermind I solved it

Rip tho I missed the other puzzles, I didn’t realize 22, 23, and 24 would come and go so fast

Check the puzzle date and timings on the T&C page to be ready from now on. Or maybe, if it’s not too much work, add those dates and time as reminders in your Google Calendar or any other calendar app in your phone. I did that.

2 Likes

Took a while to find the T&C page again but I managed to get all the dates down