Thoughts on Puzzle 20 : ALTERED CODE

Man, this seems really a tough one. Or maybe it just looks tough. Did anyone decoded even a single clue? I just started it.

3 Likes

Same here I just started on this puzzle I really donā€™t understand the directions I looked through the example directions and worked em out even those donā€™t make sense idk can you explain em to me in a better way

Oh and no Iā€™ve tried multiple but failed all lol

1 Like

I tried to find some online cipher/decipher converter, but havenā€™t found any that works. Maybe these are too complex for those sites.

1 Like

I have decoded 4 clues, but i canā€™t figure out 2 of the answers, i personally think that is the hard part xD

1 Like

yes decoded all and submitted answer. Took me about 40 min or so.

4 Likes

Same here :partying_face: finished quite quickly as well

1 Like

This one was much easier than 19. And the final answer is obvious after the first 6 clues, so you donā€™t even have to solve them all.
Just try to pick out the English words from the garbage. (I realize thatā€™s easier said than done for non-native speakers)

4 Likes

Are some of them written backwards?

2 Likes

2 and 9 or backwards-ish, with some extra letter manipulation. (I didnā€™t bother solving past #8, but just got 9 while looking again)

1 Like

It is interesting. I can just straight read a couple of the clues outright, but I am not understanding what im supposed to do with the clue. I know that it is something to do with a commonality, but my brain canā€™t make the connection for what each clue is supposed to represent.

Yeah, for some of them, the hard part is figuring out the system of mutations or alterations. Because you have to perform exactly that same set of alterations to your answer before picking out the correct letter. Itā€™s not too bad though. Try writing down the initial transformed sentence and then underneath each altered word, write down what actual original word it came from. Comparing those should help you to see the pattern of alterations.

This is another one for which you can probably guess the final answer after only decoding a handfull of the rows. :wink:

3 Likes

Much easier than puzzle 19. Seems pretty chill and easy to me.

3 Likes

Oh and having knowledge of popular movies or tv shows really help.

1 Like

For one of the clues, the answer is specified as two words, but the answer I got (100% sure about it) is only one word? Are you supposed to encode this clue word and then split it up into two??

Actually, there is another name for that one word, which has 2 words. You can search for it. Or I can share the online crossword solver where you can just put in the clue and get that answer. Crossword Solver, Crossword Clues, Wordplays.com

are the answers to previous puzzles posted anywhere? I literally spent the last 3 days straight trying to figure out puzzle 19 and the best word i came up with was ā€œJEEPSā€.

1 Like

I get the dog breed from the new word of the 4th clue.

2 Likes

Found this one easier than 19 but tried that at night mostly, this one right after an early start. I still have three cyphers I havenā€™t figured out and one where the clue makes no senseā€¦even though I know what the answer should look like.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand what can be the unaltered form of ā€œCRAH LIEā€ on the 5th clue.

1 Like