Thoughts on Puzzle 20 : ALTERED CODE

BRO look at the 3rd and 6th word in clue 5. The transformation in those words is easy to determine. In order to apply this transformation to “CRAH LIE”, just run through each of the 26 letters of the alphabet and guess

Let me know if anyone else had this problem. The final clue words all fit within a category… the words are all alike in some way. After extracting letters based on the numbers in the far right column, I got a 12 letter string, inside of which was hidden a 6 letter word. This 6 letter word fits within the category of the original 12 transformed clue answers, but its incorrect!! This makes no sense to me.

1 Like

I must admit I am very very bad in puzzles like these :sweat_smile:

So the final 12 letter string you have is the final clue. When read in order it reads as a two word clue. Hope this helps. :anchor:

my 12 letters string is not 2 words. It is 6 letters of nonsense followed by a 6 letter word that fits within the word category I previously mentioned. All of my original 12 clue solutions fit into the category, so I am confident that the 6 letters of gibberish in the final string are derived from the correct answers. Is the solution the 6 letters of gibberish??

The solution is a completely new word that you will get using the new 12 letter string as a clue (like a crossword clue).

Are you sure it’s gibberish?

OHHHH. I had mixed up the order of just 2 clue solutions when writing them down. I then got 2 six letter words that made sense. Then I went back and read the instructions to realize that these 2 words are actually a clue; the last clue to be solved for a final answer

3 Likes

Me too. I feel like a fool when people here are solving it within an hour, and I am still stuck.:man_facepalming:t4:

The example in this puzzle is explained very well.

1 Like

Same here, took me a while longer, was stuck on two of them. I am sure I have the correct solution, but when I type it into the solve the site just reloads?

Yep, i have decoded every clue except for the first one.
No programming needed for this one. But web search engines come in very handy, as usual for word puzzles.

1 Like

Solved it, still can not figure out clue 3 and 5. With clue 3 I get the pattern of the first part of the words, but don’t understand the pattern behind what is added.

With 5, I think I have the full sentence, but I cant figure out the solution to the “untransformated” clue. Bugs me a bit, but overall solved :slight_smile:

First clue - one letter is changed into another and double letter is added

And that one letter and the double letter, are they same or different?

Yes, the 6 letter word in the final clue isn’t the final answer. It’s just the clue to the final answer.

1 Like

Puzzle solved :joy::joy::joy: I’m waiting for another :grin:

Any hint to the 10th clue?

Great puzzle! Solved it!

Great puzzle! Not too complicated and not too easy = fun. Thank!