Thoughts on the puzzle 16?

Just wanna see your thoughts on it. Looks amazing imo.

1 Like

This is my fist one and it was amazing

4 Likes

You solved this by coding?

1 Like

This puzzle is so simple, that nothing much can be discussed on this. Imo, puzzles like Arrow Maze are worth discussing more, and also all those puzzles that requires lot of logical thinking. Probably, we can expect more of those during Mission puzzles.

6 Likes

It took me a hour by hand, preparing a coffee in the meanwhile and wasting time writing the titles, with the mouseā€¦It could have taken me 20 minutes.
In my disputable opinion, honestly, I believe that coding an algorithm would take way more time unless you already have a bunch that are ready to be used and modified to solve these puzzles.

5 Likes

Totally agree with you. Most of the previous puzzles donā€™t require the use of coding unless you deliberately want to do it that way.

4 Likes

Post removed as it may count as a solution and kick me out of the challengeā€¦

1 Like

Haha. One can still read it from the edit history. I was reading it when suddenly you deleted the post. Itā€™s not like you gave away the final 8-letter answer in your post.
And also, if one was to perform the method you described in your now-deleted post, I think they should have at least a little experience beforehand with solving something similar. I am talking about newbies.

Using coding for this kind of puzzle is analogous to using an excavator to lift a bit of soil in your garden, when a shovel or spade is enough.

5 Likes

It should be deleted in 24 hours.
Iā€™m aware of the history, not a big deal. :slight_smile:
I was getting too meticulous though, it doesnā€™t end well when I do that. :sweat_smile:
By the way, if the mods allow it and they give me permission to leave it, I can post it again.

I am learning a lot from these puzzles.

1 Like

is there a chance for you to show the code? I am extremely curious how did you solved it.

1 Like

It was fun! However, is it just me who has found the eight-letter word but is unable to properly input it? (I, unfortunately, did it by hand, but Iā€™ve checked my work a couple of times to make sure itā€™s right. All the titles seem to be correct as well?)

(Update! For some reason, it worked this time around. I did open it from the actual Puzzle post, so maybe that was why? I also copied and pasted it from somewhere, so that might also be why. Good luck to anyone who is still trying!)

1 Like

Call me crazy, but Iā€™m having trouble seeing how it can possibly be acceptable for us to post our successful solution code/procedure for a challenge that is still in progressā€¦

1 Like

Personally, I believe that if someone cannot solve it by hand, thereā€™s an even smaller chance that the person might be able to solve it with an algorithm.
By the way, Iā€™ve shared my approach when there were only 3 individuals, myself included, and we all had it figured out already. I then realized the error(possibly trap?) and I deleted my post.
Nevertheless, I didnā€™t use the method Iā€™ve shared and it may lead nowhere.
Yet, itā€™s not a solution per se if you think about it, I didnā€™t share working code, merely what you might use to try to solve it, since I cannot confirm that it works and thereā€™s even an error because of text formatting in this form. So, it leads nowhere if you donā€™t notice that.

1 Like

I found all the letters but i cannot seem to figure out the word. Is it every letter once? Itā€™s been driving me crazy. How does 16 letters make an 8 letter word, if itā€™s not that.

6 Likes

You have the wrong letters because all the letters literally guide you to the answer, which is an 8 letter word.

2 Likes

Its definitely a challenge for sure!! I am not as versed in movie knowledge as I should but typing in ā€œtop grossing US filmsā€ really helped me. I have been coming back to it over a course of a couple of days and have four left!!

1 Like

mission accomplished. #MovieBuffer

1 Like

I am confused. I think I have the right letters, but forming an eight letter word from sixteen letters is difficultā€¦ there are many so many words you could built from themā€¦

1 Like

@MaxPower
I would check the answers again. If you get to the 16 correct answers, it shouldnā€™t be a challenge to get to the final answer

1 Like