Thoughts on Puzzle 12 - Arrow Maze?

What do you think about the Arrow Maze puzzle? It seems to be a bit tricky to solve, yes?

2 Likes

Quite, I’ve been working on it for hours and I’m not convinced that I’ve made much progress. When is it expiring?

1 Like

A lot of guesswork, reaching dead ends and then having to go back loads

2 Likes

It was a bit tricky, but I do believe I found a solution. However, when attempting to submit it in the solution page, it shows as an incorrect answer.
Is there more than one possible solution ?

The times are listed #hack-the-galaxy:official-rules but I believe this one stays on until July 10.

1 Like

No. Just one possible solution. Good luck!

4 Likes

Finally got it! hardest one for me so far definitely

3 Likes

nice! congrats. way to keep trying.

2 Likes

It was a lot of fun! I’ve never seen a puzzle with this mechanics, took me some time to understand how to approach it but once it clicked, it kept me fully engaged until i solved it! Also for those asking if the password input is broken… I submitted my answer just fine with success :slight_smile: so it seems to be working!

4 Likes

Same here. I sat there scratching my head for longer than I’d like to admit, but it wasn’t so hard after it clicked.

1 Like

I wrote a program to go through the maze :stuck_out_tongue:
Seemed like too many variables to solve it with just pen and paper.
But I did like it and already waiting for the next one. :slight_smile:

I’m too lazy to actually complete the puzzle, just found five out of six letters that had to be correct and then guessed the last letter lol

2 Likes

Got there on my 3rd try, but kept struggling on where to put the 2.

I’d say working backwards was my solution.

1 Like

It sure was. Had to go to sleep and come back with a refreshed mind and solved it.

1 Like

Hardest one so far, at least for me. Any of the earlier puzzles took me an hour tops, yesterday I’ve spent on arrows like 2h only to come up with an incorrect solution. But I probably made a mistake early on and rendered the puzzle unsolvable, will try again from the scratch. All the arrows make my head spin though lol.

1 Like

Started doing it by hand, got frustrated and wrote a program to solve it :+1: fun puzzle though!

2 Likes

Hardest one by far! I’m still struggling with it with so many dead ends. Any tips? :sweat:

1 Like

Using Depth First Search progression method, I guess.

this one was tough, did it by hand but i finally solved it! A lot of trial and error