Thoughts on the puzzle 16?

Same. I checked all my movie titles, they’re correct.

2 Likes

I have 16 movie titles that perfectly fit into the boxes. I even crossed out every letter from the anagrams to ensure these were the correct titles. These titles give me 16 shared letters. When I disregard the duplicates I am left with 9 letters with 6 of them occurring twice and 2 only once. When I put all 9 into wordfinder I got 5 words, but when I entered them none of them worked. When I disregard one of the letters that only occurs once I get 3 of the 5 words and when I disregard the other I no longer get any words. I tried entering all 16 letters in wordfinder which gave me 288 words, none of which fit. I have no idea where to go from here. Does anyone have a tip for me? Could someone share the solution with me once the puzzle expires, so I can see my mistake?

2 Likes

Thank you . Its literally that easy

The steps are: 1) Finding two-word movie names after ignoring “the” if there are any in the movie names, for example: “The Good Dinosaur” becomes “Good Dinosaur”;
2) Check if the movie names are in the list of top 5 highest grossing movies from 1992 to 2022; and 3) And the movie should match the boxes shown in the puzzle image.
If everything’s done correctly as said in the puzzle’s text, you’ll get a 16-letter answer which literally dictates your 8-letter final word answer.
It’s a very simple puzzle, you just have to do it the way it tells you to.
Your procedure to solve the puzzle looks like you overcomplicated it.

1 Like

ok I think I found it and I know now what you guys mean.

But then I proceeded to put to answer in and it still says incorrect ;(
checked spelling and everything

ok it. worked. But only because I tried different browsers and devices, which was a problem before

Anyways thanks for the help @ all :slight_smile:

I was trying to make a word out of the letters and this is not what you are supposed to do :smiley:
Eventually I figured out how and it is way easier than what I was trying to do

2 Likes

some puzzles are comfortably solvable by using some shell few-liners or less and a dict

1 Like

I started with the arrow maze and that was my favourite by far! Definítively hoping to see more like that and maybe less word puzzles :blush:

Deduction was also a really fun one!

2 Likes

I thought the bodyparts puzzle was good too

You don’t have to disregard the duplicates in the final 16 letters, actually you need them to spell the correct word

1 Like

Took me about 3 hours to solve it. I wrote a C++ program to solve it automatically.

1 Like

thats cool bro, tbh I like to interchange between coding and solving manually

I did overcomplicate things. Because so many letters came up twice I thought you end up having eight duplicate letters, that are another anagram. To get to answer you would have to solve that. I was confused when I got nine different letters but because I still believed it was an anagram I didn’t think of simply writing the 16 letters in the order of the boxes. When I did I immediately got the answer.

1 Like

There was a puzzle before in this competition where the final answer word was preceded by “AnswerIs”. Although I didn’t presume this puzzle to be similar. I just didn’t stress about how can 16-letter answer become an 8-letter answer. I know if everything’s done the way it’s being told, you’ll get the correct answer.

1 Like

Nice algorithm, but still i think in this case manual solving is simple and much faster.

So im having the same issue, i am postive i have all the right movies and letters but when i used an online unscrambler to find the word, all the possible options i tried failed. idk whats wrong cause I’m positive the letters are right

So you can use anything to get the answers to these puzzle? Do they have anything about cheating on here :thinking: or Does anything go?

ok i was silly, found the answer. didn’t realize if you took the 16 letters and put them in order it would spell the correct answer. Also clarification i was trying to unscramble the 16 letters, not the entire thing

1 Like

:laughing:For people who are boasting about the shortest time they took to solve this or any other puzzle whatsoever in this competition, they should know that there is no prize for doing it in the shortest time possible. No time trials are going on, at least not yet. I mean you can award yourself the way you like for your achievement but Rapyd has no award for it.
In fact, there is a possibility that a person who took all his time to solve any one (mission) puzzle and submitted it just before the puzzle expired, may win one of the prizes but someone who did it in the shortest time may win nothing at all. The vice versa is possible as well.

2 Likes