Thoughts on Puzzle 20 : ALTERED CODE

Lost on some of the hints. And i dont clearly undedrstand how the solution of the hints get changed into the last question

Iā€™m 13, and got all the clues except for 3 and 5, so I donā€™t think it depends on age/childhood. :man_shrugging:

How long will this Puzzle be online? meaning when will the next puzzle come out? Thx!

On 8th August, 12:00 AM GMT.

1 Like

Really liked this one! It took me roughly 3 hours and I only solved 9/12 of the clues, but I got the solution. I really liked the transformation of the third one!
When this puzzle is over, Iā€™d be happy if someone can tell me the solutions to 1, 5 and 7. I deciphered 1, and got the answer, but the transformation is weird, and I have no idea whatā€™s going on on 5 and 7 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I noticed that too! Instead of basic crossword clues you often get stuff that wonā€™t let you get the answer that easily. Remember that deadlocked jury clue?

7 is definitely a wild one, i was staring at that one forever! If it helps - check out number 3 again

Maybe itā€™s got to do with this still being the interim period?

Iā€™ve got to agree though, it was a really satisfying solve. The last one, crazy thermometers, was already a step up on the difficulty, at least to me, and with this it feels like weā€™re staying on that level.

1 Like

Thanks! It solved number 7! :grinning:
Any hint on 5?

Wow! Newbie here. These were rather easy. Figuring out the answer took an hour though. Didnā€™t exactly know what I was a doing there but got it solved! For #5ā€¦all I can say is wiggle wigglešŸ˜„

3 Likes

crash like is the crah lie bit

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™m late to the party, but does anyone have any clues for numbers 3 and 7? Iā€™m seriously stuck.

Btw, is there any scientific explanation why some of us found this one really difficult while others found it rather easy? And why those who found this puzzle easy found #19 particularly difficult? and vice versa?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great question you raised, I wondered about that as well, because I was simply clueless about this puzzle whereas the last puzzle was something I didnā€™t need any help with while solving.

For #7, look closely at each word. See anything familiar? Use Google to help you understand what is so special about these words.

Well, I found this easier than 19, but mainly because at a point in 19 itā€™s trial and error (especially compared to the first thermometers puzzle). 19 gets easy again after narrowing down a few numbers. This puzzle on the other hand is very straightforward after the first couple of clues, no trial and error necessary because everything has to fit the pattern.

I wouldā€™ve said that maybe itā€™s about whether your verbal or non verbal skills are better than the other, but my non verbal skills are usually better than my verbal ones, so Iā€™m not too sure thatā€™s the case.

Actually found this one pretty easy, once I got three answers I could see the common theme, so it made getting the rest a breeze.

That was fun, i enjoyed it. Not as hard as i first thought.

The puzzle was pretty easy but I am still frustrated about clue 9. I know what the original and altered versions of the answer are (got the original immediately) but the alteration pattern doesnā€™t seem to be right. I pretty much figured the altered answer based on the letters I had and not actually by altering the original answer. Is it actually right and Iā€™m just not seeing how it works or is it messed up?

I actually got the final answer without having to work out row #9 at all, but since you mention it, Iā€™ve now taken a look. It looks totally fine to me (unless Iā€™ve made a mistake myself). If youā€™re still curious and unsure about it, let me know and I can tell you how I think #9 works. (I can do it by private message once this round expires, assuming thatā€™s the kosher way to do this sort of thing.)