Thoughts on Puzzle 19 : Wild Thermometers

I also solved it with code and the result was a coherent word, so you probably missed something in the logic :grinning:, but you managed to solve it, so that’s what matters! :clap:

2 Likes

I just solved it manually in about 40 minutes, first puzzle I have tried and with a bit of trial and error not too hard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same, although I got lost trying to find the word (didn’t understand the instructions at first xD)

3 Likes

why does the 1 row and 1 collumn meet?

1 Like

I thought it was like PICROSS, so is that my error? they don’t have to meet?

1 Like

i havent solved it yet aswell so i dont really know, i wondered how you figured it out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s a combination of Picross, Sudoku and one another kind of puzzle. So, not that easy, but with right logic, it is easy.

I think that’s must be the error, else it wouldn’t be solvable(like in my image) I just did it intutive and i think i already misunderstoof the rules.

1 Like

Or you can do this way.
Note: Partially solved in MS Excel. (manually)

2 Likes

Now that i understand the rules it seems doable, i wonder what will be faster code or by hand.
I was just confused that i already was logically stucked on my first step and knew that dumbass me didn’t read the rules carefully enough.

2 Likes

whats the meaning of

spaces cannot be skipped over

english is not my native so i’m having a hard time understanding the rules

2 Likes

It means you cannot have gaps within a thermometer. It should be filled starting from the bulb of the thermometer towards the end/tail of the thermometer.

3 Likes

It means that this is a valid selection:

But this is **not** a valid selection:

1 Like

Is this a valid selection?

7 Likes

Yes, the thermometer can be either full, partially full or completely empty, but it cannot contain gaps.

2 Likes

and it has to start with the bulb right?

4 Likes

Yes it does (why can’t we just reply yes…?)

2 Likes

IKR, that’s why I don’t reply where you just need to say YES. I simply rate that comment as :+1:

3 Likes

Probably to avoid spamming.

2 Likes

can someone help me to understand how to solve it by coding ?

1 Like