Thoughts on Puzzle 41: Asteroid Map

Can someone please provide, in different words, what exactly the description is asking for, I have read it like 5 times now, and I still don’t get what it’s asking for.

Edit: I figured it out

2 Likes

I just don’t even know where to start… I need some sleep, I’ll look at it again tomorrow

Literally no idea either :sob:

That was a fun one, reminds me of retro sliding puzzles. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you clarify the instructions because I have no literal idea what it’s asking…

If I’m supposed to doodle the shapes… do the asteroids count as squares for the size of the region itself…

1 Like

The idea is to combine squares into shapes so the count of squares in the shapes is between the two numbers in the shapes. This essentially rules out some shape possibilities.

Glad to see that I’m not the only one who don’t understand what I’m supposed to do :sob:

Edit: I may have understand what I must do, but I’m not sure. I tried something, I’ll see if I’m right or not :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I was wondering, Can it be diagonal?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, but after some thought, I don’t think it is, it wouldn’t make sense.

Nope. All squares in one shape have to be connected by sides.

2 Likes

But do the asteroids count towards the size of the region

Yes, they do count towards the size of the region

The numbered squares are part of the shape and all squares count towards the shape total, each square counts as 1.

Shape total count has to be between the two numbers in the shape (non-inclusive).

All squares have to be used (they have to be part of some shape). This also means that all numbers have to be used.

Hope this makes it more clear.

3 Likes

And I assume I can’t connect asteroids like 2/3 and 4/5 because there’s no non-inclusive numbers between?

2 Likes

Yep, that is correct. :slight_smile:

Do I have to use all squares? It’s left ambiguous in the instructions…

2 Likes

I found a solution that wasn’t the correct one but I kept checking and double checking and I’m 99% sure it is a correct solution but the word created is gibberish :joy:
Fiddled around with it and got the correct one though! Very fun :grin:

Yes you use all of the squares :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Do you have to take blind guesses here? I’ve been trying this for a long time now but after I filled in some logically clear shapes it seems to me that i have to guess…