Thoughts on Puzzle 26 : NUMBERS GAME

Above diagonal (top-right): Sum of horizontal numbers on the right.
Below diagonal (bottom-left): Sum of vertical numbers below.

I tried to solve this using an online Kakuro solver where you build the whole grid manually and click “Solve”, but it was able to solve it only partially, as it gave the result with some of the cells having a probable list of digits, rather than a single digit.

After adding the grouped cells, are the 11 letters read from top to bottom and left to right?

1 Like

I just posted some resources that can help anyone practicing this puzzle to solve it :innocent:

See here: Puzzle 26: Numbers Game - Practising tips!

1 Like

It is literally a kakuro puzzle just google kakuro tips and solve it

4 Likes

Can someone help clarify how am I supposed to use the white circles? I completed the puzzle but after 2 hours and many tries I still cant get the solution.
I hope its not too much to ask for

you see 3 white circles that for example have numbers 2 7 and 9 in them that means its 2+7+9=18 - 18 letter of alphabet

1 Like

FML. I solved the puzzle then went back to read the directions for what to do with the white circles, and then I read that you can’t use duplicate numbers in a row/column… Time to start over

I meant to say two-digit numbers not two-decimal, no need to be toxic for no reason :grin:

3 Likes

its not toxic stop crying

1 Like

I’m not crying just making a point lmao chill :skull:

4 Likes

Okay I got it! I liked it. One thing, someone already said that the password is 2 words but you have to write it together without spaces. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, but I seem to remember something about kakuro including multiplication, which this puzzle doesn’t.

I am not sure about this. (the multiplication)

managed to solve it, but i did not receive the confirmation mail. For those still struggling, the letters found are not scrambled so no need to be a native English speaker to solve it :wink:

In what order should I get the letters from the puzzle?

why 6? I can see for the others because they have only one combination but 6 has two so why is it different from 5?

mmexport1660604446474

3 Likes

I never look at these threads I have been working in a vacuum. This one was painstaking and hard earned since I have never done a puzzle of this kind before. Let’s just say I was getting close to using the answer ( as inferred by the hint, so I think this is not a reveal )

I enjoy the word play more overall, but this was an adventure of rabbit holes as I attacked this from all angles not having any blueprint to go on.

So far I have done every puzzle since I started (somewhere around 20) - and I like it! I hope the 5 entries plus all the others puts me in a real place to win!

Fingers crossed and best of luck to the others here.

Happy hacking!

4 Likes

Im having a really hard time with this one and i feel like throwing my phone!! Ive been at it for hours and i just dont understand what order im supposed to put the numbers in…im just not getting it!! I read the supposed hrlpful links and they just confused me more!!!