Thoughts on puzzle 18 (Colorful Language)

Solved…
Didn’t know what it was before finding the last letter… and googeling it
Found it more difficult than all previous ones I attended (started at 14th puzzle), partially because answer cannot be guessed (previous ones were guessable)
But I thing that’s more a language problem (harder for non-native uk/us)
Hoping for more pure-logic puzzle instead of crossword type puzzle

If you found all the “colorful word” clue words correctly except the trash clue, then you also must have found all the “colorless word” clue words except one.

Hint: That “colorless word” clue phrase has “or” in it. And that clue is in the 2nd column of “colorless word” section.
Try to figure that out.

I’m in your position but without suspecting of any word, googled a lot of combinations already with no result :melting_face: .

I solved the puzzle. However i can’t figure out what is meant by “take the missing letters in order to find the 5 letter art related Word”.
I have the missing letters, but no combination is accepted by the website.
If i take one letter from each color, i can’t build the word as there’s a letter missing that’s not in the colored spaces.

1 Like

The first time I got the correct answer and entered it into the box it said it was incorrect however the second time I entered the exact same word success yay

1 Like

You say, you solved the puzzle, yet you also say that “no combination is accepted by the website.” Did you solve it or not?

2 Likes

I solved the puzzle itself, i have the letters, i do not have the solution.

So, that means you don’t have the correct 5-letter solution. Or you are done with solving but whatever 5-letter word you got is not accepted as a correct answer.

1 Like

I solved the puzzle and didn’t know that was a word :rofl:

2 Likes

It has to be the correct letters, as all the words with these missing letters wouldn’t make sense otherwise.

The 5 missing letters in order from top to bottom make the answer

1 Like

This is the part i don’t get tho. There’s a ton of letters and a few combos i can go from top to bottom to get a word with those letters. Are the squares in one line, colored, blank, …?
What crucial detail am i getting wrong, it seems so easy…

As long as you have figured out all the words for each colour, you should have a missing letter for each word. You need to make a word out of these 5 letters by putting them in order from top to bottom on the chart

I just figured it out.
Hint in case anyone’s experiencing the same issue: *From to bottom of the grid" means reading the missing letters in the order of the words that are missing them from top to bottom.
You don’t have to look for the letters IN the grid.

I have all the words, everything is filled out and it matches both the colorful and colorless words. I can’t seem to get it. The middle word, after finding all the others in the section does not make any other words that I can find. The first forth and fifth letters seem to be entirely correct, I am not sure about the other two.

1. Make sure you follow the instructions correctly: You need to find 5 words, each word from a different set of colored squares.
  2. Hint: all these words have something is common.

The puzzle was solveable for me without understanding, or using the colorless words. The trash one was the hardest, but some reverse enginering found me the solution. Good fun.
I now know how they work and it would definitely made my solve easier

Just Google the word without the letter, autocorrect/“did you mean” will get it for you, if you can’t get missing letter word.
If all the clues match, you got it right, just need to keep thinking on it.

okay, this did take a little longer for me just because english isn’t my native language but oh god did i facepalm myself when i figured the solution word haha

1 Like

Aight, I found all the words and they all seem to have what they are suppose to have in common (PS, the Valley one literally has two possible answers that both work with the colorless hint which was oddly annoying). The answer I got was a word and was related to art but the website still says incorrect, not sure what I did wrong this time.

Update: I got it, it was what I got, I think there is a cool down so you can’t brute force it.