Are there any specific dates for Metapuzzles?

Just curious after reading the contest T&C page. Are there any specific dates for when the Metapuzzles will be revealed or will they be revealed randomly during the Mission periods?

2 Likes

The metapuzzle is the puzzle that will be up for the week in the missions. #hack-the-galaxy:official-rules has s timeline and you can identify by the (20 points) in line with the puzzle number. Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Okay, are you saying that the puzzle with 20 points is the Metapuzzle? Sorry, I am a bit confused.

1 Like

I suppose. Missions 10, 28 and 42 score 20 points. Those must be the metapuzzles (Even though the rules say they are worth 25)

2 Likes

Hey @LeandroMel where are you seeing 25 points? Rules say 20 so want to make sure we get that sorted.

3 Likes

in Hack the Galaxy Official Rules under Metapuzzles says “A solved Metapuzzle will be worth 25 points each and valid for a Mission Period drawing” (It correctly states 20 in the table)
PD: If I misinterpreted anythin it’s because english is not my mother tongue

2 Likes

Checking on this now. So the 20 point week is the third week of the Mission. So that makes sense for the week three (hardest of them all) puzzle for the sprint, but there is still a metapuzzle but it doesn’t appear to be on the schedule in the rules. This is what I am verifying now. As soon as I know more I will place here.

3 Likes

@LeandroMel Nothing wrong with your English. Even I was confused for the same reason.

1 Like

Agree. Nothing wrong with your English at all. So the way it works is the Metapuzzle will release at the same time as the 20-point puzzle. You need to have solved some previous puzzles in order to play the metapuzzle - this was the logic for waiting until the last week of the mission to drop. So on 27 June, you will have a week to solve Puzzle 10 and the Metapuzzle. We will add both to the community at 0:00 UTC on 27 June.

3 Likes

Hey Drew, does it mean that the answers for Puzzle 10 and the Metapuzzle are to be submitted on the same week or are there specific days for each submission?

2 Likes

Correct. Puzzle 10 and Metapuzzle have the same week of being live. They were put up together and will be taken down together following the #hack-the-galaxy:official-rules schedule for Puzzle 10.

2 Likes

Hi Drew,

i successfully solved the last puzzle before the meta puzzle. (horizontal and vertical adjustment ).
following that, i submitted an answer for the meta puzzle last night, after 2 wrong answers, i finally got it right , but then I got a response that “i already solved the puzzle and cannot submit twice”.
is this expected behavior ? is there cooling period between answers ?

thanks!

1 Like

@Doronste I had no problem submiting the answers so try again and it might work

1 Like

@Doronste If you got the response “You already solved the Puzzle and cannot submit twice.”, that response you get only when you have already submitted the correct answer. I guess you don’t have to worry anymore.

2 Likes

Just to be extra super clear: the 1st metapuzzle was “[Puzzle: Putting It All Together! [Expired]]” ?

1 Like

Yes, that was the Meta 1 puzzle name.

2 Likes

Thank you.
Looking at the puzzle picture (and print version), it is written on the sides: “SET 1: META PUZZLE”

1 Like