NOTE: These device guides are for UK/Ireland-issued POS devices only. Check with your Rapyd Sales Representative before implementing.
➔ Ingenico Move 3500 BT/WiFi
➔ Charging base unit
➔ Power cord
➔ Ethernet cable
➔ set your terminal up in a convenient location
➔ charge the terminal
➔ load the terminal with till roll
➔ connect it to an internet source (if you are using WiFi or Bluetooth)
➔ do a test transaction for a nominal amount
The position of your terminal must be near a power source and an ethernet socket.
It should not be put near a heat source, and protected from damp or very dusty
You should also consider the risk of theft, and ease of access for customers
When you first receive your Move 3500, you should charge the battery for 16 hours.
During regular use, replacing it on the base will recharge it automatically. the
battery symbol will flash/animate to indicate that the terminal is charging.
You can also connect the power cord directly into the terminal charging port on
the left of the terminal.
The power cord provided with this equipment is specifically designed for Ingenico
terminals. Do not use any other power supply.
- Hold the terminal in one hand, with the screen facing you.
- Use two fingers on the other hand to lift and release the printer cover.
- Open It Completely, and remove the used roll tube.
- Loosen the end of the roll, and place the roll into the printer chamber, leaving a
short length of paper hanging over the edge.
- Close the printer cover firmly. It Should Lock onto the paper.
- Hold the Paper Feed key down to ensure that the roll feeds correctly.
Be careful to avoid spilling liquids on your terminal or base.
Clean it with a soft cloth. Do not use water, cleaning agents, or abrasive materials.
Be sure to turn off the terminal before cleaning.
The magnetic swipe and chip card readers should be cleaned regularly with a
suitable cleaning card.
Press the green Confirm key to turn on the terminal.
Press the yellow Clear key, and the Dot key together to turn off the terminal.
- Press the down arrow (F3) on the home screen.
- Select Control panel from the menu.
- Then select Comm means.
- In the Comms menu, select Wi-Fi.
- Select your provider from the list provided.
- The Wi-Fi icon will turn orange, indicating that a Wi-Fi connection is in
progress. Then it should turn green.
If the Wi-Fi icon stays white then the password may not be correct and you should
recheck this. If it stays orange, the IP address has not been set/received from the
network. Ensure that your Wi-Fi is working on other devices, and try again.
When you go to the Supervisor menu, you will be prompted for a password.
The first time you go to the menu, the password is 01483.
You will be prompted to change it before you can process any transactions.
- Insert the customer’s card into the reader, face up, chip forward.
- Enter The Sale Amount, including pence, and press the Enter key.
- Ask the customer to enter their PIN code, and press Confirm.
- If you see a “BAD READ” message, check the card orientation and try again.
After three bad reads the terminal will prompt you to swipe the card.
- DO NOT remove the card until instructed to do so by the terminal.
- The terminal connects to Rapyd for authorisation.
- If the transaction authorised then an “AUTH CODE” will be shown.
- The terminal will print two receipts. The merchant copy is printed
automatically. Press Confirm to print the customer copy.
- Enter The Sale Amount, including pence, and press Confirm.
- (If You Make A Mistake, press Clear and try again.)
- Ask the customer to present their card to the contactless symbol on the
- A Merchant Receipt Is Automatically Printed.
- If the customer wants a receipt, press F1 from the homescreen to print it.
This must be done before the next transaction takes place.
- Press the key, and then select MAILORDER, then choose SALE.
- Key in the customer’s card number and press Confirm.
- Enter the expiry date, the start date (if required), the issue number (if
required), pressing Confirm after each entry.
- Enter the card security Code (CSC), the numbers from the cardholder’s
postcode (e.g. GU7 1LG is 71), and the numbers from the cardholder’s
address (e.g. Flat 1, 28 High Street is 128), pressing Confirm after each entry.
- (You can press the Confirm key without entering anything to bypass the
check when appropriate.)
- Enter the transaction amount and press Confirm.
- The terminal connects to Rapyd for authorisation and will prompt you to
choose “Decline” or “Accept”.
- The result of the CSC/AVS check is displayed, and the two receipts are
- From the idle screen, press key, and then select REFUND.
- Enter the Supervisor password and press Enter to confirm.
- Insert The Customer’s Card, face up, chip forward.
- Enter the refund amount and press Confirm.
- The terminal connects to Rapyd for authorisation.
- When the refund is authorised, “REFUND ACCEPTED” is displayed.
- A merchant copy of the receipt is printed.
- Ask The Customer To Sign This Receipt.
- Remove The Card.
- Check the signature on the receipt with the one on the card. If the signature
is valid then choose “YES”, otherwise choose “NO”.
- The Customer Receipt Is Then Printed.
Press the key twice, and then select REPORTS.
Key in the Supervisor password and press Confirm.
➔ END OF DAY: This prints both the “Z REPORT” and the “BANKING” report.
This MUST be done at the end of each trading day.
➔ BANKING: reports the total value of processed transactions, and that the
totals have been confirmed by the acquirer.
➔ X REPORT: a running total of all transactions, without resetting any totals. It
can be used to check against individual receipts and the BANKING report.
➔ Z REPORT: a total of transactions taken during a trading period. The Z report
will also reset the totals. This can be useful if, for example, you run a
breakfast service and a lunch service, and you wish to total each trading
If you want to know more about how to use any of our products, go online to
If you have general queries, contact Customer Support, on 0808 204 0349. For
Republic of Ireland customers, it’s +44 808 204 0349
To talk to Technical Support, call 0808 204 0347. If you are in the Republic of
Ireland, call 01653 3901.
If you would like to speak to one of the Sales team, call 0808 204 0343.