NOTE: These device guides are for UK/Ireland-issued POS devices only. Check with your Rapyd Sales Representative before implementing.
➔ Ingenico Move 3500 3G (4G Model also available)
➔ Charging base unit
➔ Power cord
➔ SIM card (installed)
➔ set your terminal up in a convenient location
➔ charge the terminal
➔ load the terminal with till roll
➔ connect it to a network
➔ do a test transaction for a nominal amount
The position of your terminal must be near a power source. It should not be put
near a heat source, and protected from damp or very dusty conditions.
You should also consider the risk of theft, and ease of access for customers
When you first receive your Move 3500, you should charge the battery for 16 hours.
During regular use, replacing it on the base will recharge it automatically. the
battery symbol will flash/animate to indicate that the terminal is charging.
You can also connect the power cord directly into the terminal charging port on
the left of the terminal.
The power cord provided with this equipment is specifically designed for Ingenico
terminals. Do not use any other power supply.
- Hold the terminal in one hand, with the screen facing you.
- Use two fingers on the other hand to lift and release the printer cover.
3. Open It Completely, and remove the used roll tube.
4. Loosen the end of the roll, and place the roll into the printer chamber, leaving a
short length of paper hanging over the edge.
5. Close the printer cover firmly. It Should Lock onto the paper.
6. Hold the Paper Feed key down to ensure that the roll feeds correctly.
Be careful to avoid spilling liquids on your terminal or base.
Clean it with a soft cloth. Do not use water, cleaning agents, or abrasive materials.
Be sure to turn off the terminal before cleaning.
The magnetic swipe and chip card readers should be cleaned regularly with a
suitable cleaning card.
The following keys give you easy access to key functions on the Move 3500.
Press the green Confirm key to turn on the terminal.
Press the yellow Clear key and the dot key together to turn off the terminal.
The Move 3500 will find the best available network (3G/4G depending on model). You
can see the network provider name beneath the signal indicator in the top left
corner of the screen.
The SIM is already installed in your Move 3500, and a signal and network should be
automatically found. You should see 3G/4G (Dependant on model) appear at the
top of the screen. You may choose to select a specific network, as described
You can manually select a specific provider for your Move 3500.
- Press Menu Twice, and select Supervisor From Menu.
- Enter your password. (See"Supervisor Menu and Password"on the next page
for more details.)
- Select Config.
- Press Menu then choose Select Network.
- Use the arrow keys to move up and down the list and highlight the network
you want from the list provided.
- Then click OK.
When you go to the Supervisor menu, you will be prompted for a password.
The first time you go to the menu, the password is 01483.
You will be prompted to change it before you can process any transactions.
- Insert the customer’s card into the reader, face up, chip forward.
- Enter The Sale Amount, including pence, and press the Enter key.
- Ask the customer to enter their PIN code, and press Confirm.
- If you see a “BAD READ” message, check the card orientation and try again.
After three bad reads the terminal will prompt you to swipe the card.
- DO NOT remove the card until instructed to do so by the terminal.
- The terminal connects to Rapyd for authorisation.
- If the transaction authorised then an “AUTH CODE” will be shown.
- The terminal will print two receipts. The merchant copy is printed
automatically. Press Confirm to print the customer copy.
- Enter The Sale Amount, including pence, and press Confirm.
- (If You Make A Mistake, press Clear and try again.)
- Ask the customer to present their card to the contactless symbol on the
- A Merchant Receipt Is Automatically Printed.
- If the customer wants a receipt, press F1 from the homescreen to print it.
This must be done before the next transaction takes place.
- Press the key, and then select MAILORDER, then choose SALE.
- Key in the customer’s card number and press Confirm.
- Enter the expiry date, the start date (if required), the issue number (if
required), pressing Confirm after each entry.
- Enter the card security Code (CSC), the numbers from the cardholder’s
postcode (e.g. GU7 1LG is 71), and the numbers from the cardholder’s
address (e.g. Flat 1, 28 High Street is 128), pressing Confirm after each entry.
- (You can press the Confirm key without entering anything to bypass the
check when appropriate.)
- Enter the transaction amount and press Confirm.
- The terminal connects to Rapyd for authorisation and will prompt you to
choose “Decline” or “Accept”.
- The result of the CSC/AVS check is displayed, and the two receipts are
- From the idle screen, press key, and then select REFUND.
- Enter the Supervisor password and press Enter to confirm.
- Insert The Customer’s Card, face up, chip forward.
- Enter the refund amount and press Confirm.
- The terminal connects to Rapyd for authorisation.
- When the refund is authorised, “REFUND ACCEPTED” is displayed.
- A merchant copy of the receipt is printed.
- Ask The Customer To Sign This Receipt.
- Remove The Card.
- Check the signature on the receipt with the one on the card. If the signature
is valid then choose “YES”, otherwise choose “NO”.
- The Customer Receipt Is Then Printed.
Press the key twice, and then select REPORTS.
Key in the Supervisor password and press Confirm.
The following reports are available:
➔ END OF DAY: This prints both the “Z REPORT” and the “BANKING” report.
This MUST be done at the end of each trading day.
➔ BANKING: reports the total value of processed transactions, and that the
totals have been confirmed by the acquirer.
➔ X REPORT: a running total of all transactions, without resetting any totals. It
can be used to check against individual receipts and the BANKING report.
➔ Z REPORT: a total of transactions taken during a trading period. The Z report
will also reset the totals. This can be useful if, for example, you run a
breakfast service and a lunch service, and you wish to total each trading
If you want to know more about how to use any of our products, go online to
If you have general queries, contact Customer Support, on 0808 204 0349. For
Republic of Ireland customers, it’s +44 808 204 0349
To talk to Technical Support, call 0808 204 0347. If you are in the Republic of
Ireland, call 01653 3901.
If you would like to speak to one of the Sales team, call 0808 204 0343.