Global Entry is a pre-approval program that provides expedited security screening benefits for flights departing from U.S. Airports.
This may not apply to you, but if you travel to and from the US to other countries, this will save you time at US international airpots.
I just applied for this, and was able to do a walk-in appointment when returning to the US from Berlin. Now security lines are a breeze without the hassle of taking off shoes, taking off electronics, full security scan, etc.
Global Entry is available to U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents and citizens of the following countries.
- Citizens of Argentina
- Citizens of Brazil
- Citizens of India
- Citizens of Colombia
- Citizens of United Kingdom
- Citizens of Germany
- Citizens of The Netherlands
- Citizens of Panama
- Citizens of Singapore
- Citizens of South Korea
- Citizens of Switzerland
- Citizens of Taiwan
- Mexican nationals
If you are eligible from any of the countries, you an follow the steps:
Apply here and pay $100 USD application fee.
- For U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents, this includes approval and use of TSA PreCheck for US domestic flights.
- Schedule an appointment at a US Enrollment Center or a couple other locations, Guam or Qatar.
You can just do an on-arrival appointment next time you fly internationally into these locations.
- Be sure to bring your passport and one other form of identification card to your appointment.
That’s it! This will be an annual fee of $100 USD but last for five years.
Again, this also automatically includes TSA-PreCheck which is for US citizens and residents.
APPLY NOW for Global Entry.