An API response is immediately returned after a Rapyd API request. A Rapyd webhook is triggered only after a specific event that occurs in the workflow. This triggered event may not be immediate.
- A Create Payment by cash request is made.
- A successful API response is immediately received. It includes instructions for the payer to scan or show the transaction code at a specific point of sale and pay the full amount.
- The payer goes to the designated point of sale, shows the code to the cashier and pays the requested amount.
- The point of sale sends a confirmation to Rapyd that the payment has been received.
- Rapyd sends a ‘Payment Completed’ webhook to a predefined endpoint.
Both Rapyd API responses and webhooks are in JSON format.