Personal Challenges as a Developer

Challenges faced by programmers may include: feeling a lack of progress, feeling like quitting, the struggles of job hunting, imposter syndrome, and more.

How do you handle these situations and what advice do you have for developers facing similar challenges?

1 Like

Community! Finding a colleague or developer with a similar common denominator to help or relate to the challenge.

1 Like

This. Most of the people I used to discuss random programming-related ideas are too busy for any side projects. This is why I believe that 4 days of working and one day of brainstorming/ diving into other ideas is optimal.

Raising another issue. Recruiting in Central Europe takes a lot of time - sometimes months. I think it’s a strategy to make job switching hell, so most people prefer to stick with whatever they have instead of going for better positions. On top of that, most interview steps are a waste of time, involving people who are slow and/ or barely know what they want.

On the other hand, there’s an inflation of people who clearly don’t have what it takes to be a developer, to the point that one can be sure they picked IT because it’s well paid.

1 Like

admittedly I’m what you call neurodiverse and take adhd meds. honestly I’m ok when i’m focused but its just getting there that is a challenge.

1 Like