Introduce Yourself - Say Hello 👋

Rapyd will randomly select someone that introduces themselves in the community to receive a highly coveted Rapyd Developer Swag Box.

It could be you!

tl;dr
Copy :point_down: and then paste a new topic under Introduce Yourself

:world_map: where you’re based
:building_construction: what you’re working on
:magnet: what you would like to get out of the community
:partying_face: one fun fact about you!
:link: a link to your social media

We want this to be an inclusive and safe space for all to participate openly in discussions about things that matter to them in the world of fintech and payments, their teams, and their organization. People are here from every corner of the globe and every role, and that’s cool, but it can also be confusing and intimidating, especially to newcomers, but also to many of us who day-to-day work in much smaller teams with people we are familiar with.

One thing we think can help make our community more welcoming is to make it easier to find out who someone is when you come across them here. So here are a couple of tips:

TIP: Introduce yourself (Update your user info)

Take a couple of minutes to go to your profile and add the following information:

On the account tab:

• Full Name
    Adding your full name makes it easier to connect who you are when we cross paths in other places (like Slack) if you don’t use the same username. It also makes it easier to mention you.
  • Profile Picture
    If your photo didn’t automatically load from gravatar, upload it here. Use the same photo you use in Gmail and Slack. It’ll make it a lot easier to recognize you across the variety of platforms we use to communicate.

On your profile tab it’s helpful to update these fields too:

Add your location so people know where you are. In addition to gaining a better sense of where we’re all from, it can help us understand who else you may work alongside (we might know some of them!).
  • About me
    Include your role and what you’re working on. Add anything else you want too. It’s a great way to show a bit of your personality in brief. The field supports markdown, so you can add links to your twitter profile or blog too.
30 Likes

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the invite. I’m Brendan Miller, I work on the Global Marketing team at Rapyd. I’m based in Denver, USA. You can also find me out in the Twitterverse - @brendan_miller where I post about payments, fintech, marketing and the occasional dog post. Looking forward to being apart of the community.

13 Likes

Hi - Just getting started here and excited to see how this community grows as this becomes a destination for the fintech developer community. I live in the SF Bay Area and love all things fintech and food-related. In my spare time I play at the intersection of marketing and product.

14 Likes

Hi there! :raised_hands:t3:
My name is Drew and I really enjoy learning about new technologies and all things payments. I live in Denver, Colorado and fall off my mountain bike more than anyone else. Look forward to seeing this community grow and learn what all of you are working on. Send me a message anytime.

14 Likes

Hi Everyone,

This is Simo. I am based out of Singapore and I am working in Business Dev at Rapyd.
Follow me on LinkedIn and happy to engage with the Rapyd Developer Community.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/simofiguigui/

Simo

13 Likes

Welcome, @Simo! Excited to have you here.

9 Likes

Hello everyone! My name is Joel and I am a backend developer at Rapyd based out of Singapore.

I have a background in the travel industry. Nice to meet y’all!

11 Likes

Hi Simo!! Nice to meet you!!

10 Likes

Glad you are here @joel - welcome!

6 Likes

Thanks J, Nice to see you here.

5 Likes

Hi there! :raised_hands:t3:
My name is Gregory and I really enjoy learning about new technologies and all things payments. I live in Israel and like to cook and try some new kitchen technologies. I working at Rapyd as software developer from 2018 and will be glad to assist (special with Rapyd API). Look forward to seeing this community grow and learn what all of you are working on. Send me a message anytime.

12 Likes

Welcome, @Rapyd_Dev! Look forward to your posts on the community. :rocket:

4 Likes

Hello Everyone! :wave:t4: My name is Angela and I have been a developer for about six years after graduating uni. Currently I am planning a payment solution and reviewing the Rapyd APIs. Really love new technologies and always learning new things for payments and fintech. Looking forward to learning from the Rapyd community.

10 Likes

Hi! My name is Macy. I’ve been in the payments space the past 10 years. Ex-PayPal and Marqeta. I’m involved with Women Who Code. Just recently moved to Southern Cal. Freelancing on some Crypto projects and also interested in Rapyd’s Wallet and Disburse capabilities.

12 Likes

Hi Everyone, my name is Arik Shtilman, and I am the CEO and co-founder of Rapyd.
Great to meet you all. Would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have

10 Likes

Hi there! This is Shiva from the Sales Engineering team at Rapyd. I help clients onboard Rapyd and will be happy to answer questions you have around our platform. I’m located in Singapore and look forward to a vibrant Rapyd community!

10 Likes

I’m Kyle, a Technical Writer and a web design enthusiast. I love working with APIs and specifically interested in payments right now. I live in San Francisco, and currently trying to run more on grass than concrete to save my knees. I also just picked up playing the cajon. I look forward to discussing the Rapyd API and other payment APIs with you in this community.

8 Likes

Welcome @Community_Team to the community! I know you will be an asset in helping developers learn about Rapyd. :tada:

4 Likes

Hi lovely people, it’s Xi saying hello from Amsterdam!

I am an sales engineer based in EMEA. Mainly focus on scoping and technical onboarding with clients, to dive into their requirements and match them with our Rapyd offerings. I would be glad to leave my footprint on the platform by answering questions, offering help/support, or even just interacting with people around! Would love to hear from you and keep in touch here.

10 Likes

Welcome, @Xi_Li! :wave: Excited to have you as part of the community!

5 Likes