Africa is on the cusp of an economic revolution. While Internet- and banking penetration have come late to Africa, a youth-driven tidal wave of change is sweeping across the continent. As a result, both global businesses and local champions are in a race to unlock their potential.
In partnership with Rapyd, the fastest growing Fintech-as-a-Service platform, and Multichoice, the largest entertainment platform on the African continent, we are building a payments platform that is capable of meeting the ambitions of the next generation.
This is truly the Moment for Africa.
We are beginning to build our core engineering team that will own the payment network for Africa in Dubai. We are looking for dynamic, impactful, thoughtful, and hands-on contributors to build and deliver the integrated payment network to scale our platform across Africa.
As a full-stack engineer, you will exhibit both great back-end and front-end skills, and be driving the growth and scale of our African network.
- Developing presentation, back-end, integration, and network services to deliver a high-impact FinTech service platform
- Scaling the platform from high-performing API-driven services for enterprise users to consumer and small-business services that perform even in the worst network environments
- Developing mobile and Web applications for enterprise, consumer, and small business services, primarily in React / Redux
- Develop back-end and data-driven services, primarily in Node.js / Typekit
- Integrating our platform with partner infrastructure in payments, telco/networking, and select value-added services
- Ensuring highly scalable and reliable services, including designing and implementing low latency, highly available services, and deploying them within the AWS PCI-DSS environment
- Operating in a dynamic environment that provides the ability to learn, recommend, and implement new technologies
- At least 4 years development experience in full-stack development
- At least 2 years development experience with React, Redux, Node.js
- Demonstrated experience delivering scalable online payments solutions, both developing new solutions, and integrating best-in-class payment platforms built by others
- Experience working on solutions for a super-regional or a global audience where scale, flexibility, and performance matter
- Experience with:
- Highly scalable Server-side solutions
- SQL and NoSQL
- Jira / Confluence
- Fully cloud-based architecture (AWS preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science or another relevant Engineering discipline
- Lived, worked, or studied in – or simply have a passion for – Africa