- Require customers on your website to perform an additional security step: three-domain secure (3DS) verification.
Three-domain secure (3DS) is a protocol for verifying an identity in card-not-present transactions. A customer on our website is redirected to a separate website with instructions for completing the 3DS verification. When the card transaction is completed, the 3DS website redirects the customer back to a URL (that you supply) indicating success or failure, and notifies Rapyd. Rapyd then updates your website backend.
Common benefits include:
- Easier and quicker payment process results in better checkout experience for your customer.
- Liabilities owing to any chargebacks are passed from the merchant to the issuer.
- Reduces the risk of fraud and makes payments safer.
- No extra costs for the additional step of 3DS verification which provides increased security for your transactions.