Is It Possible To Create a "Try Before You Buy" In Rapyd?

Hi everyone, my name is Dammy. I’m new to the community (first question ever)

This is probably a very niche question. Any help is much appreciated.

I’m launching an ecommerce brand and I think it would be amazing for my customers to be able to have products shipped to them to try and only pay for what they keep (like Amazon’s try before you buy or Warby Parker’s program.)

But I have been unable to figure out how to set something up myself. I thought it might be something involving delayed capture payments but I’m very confused. I’m not really a developer.

Is such a thing even possible in Rapyd?

Thanks,

Dammy

1 Like

Hey Dammy. Rapyd has you covered. We offer (3) types of solutions - first is an API, then there is our low code hosted solution, and finally our plugin offerings.

Take a look and let us know what you are thinking.

2 Likes

That’s a very interesting use case. Yes, Rapyd can handle that. One way, as you suggested, is a card payment with delayed capture. But you could also just create the payment (card, bank transfer, ewallet or cash) when the customer commits to buying - it just depends on what you as business owner feel comfortable with. If you have the budget for shipping products without getting paid, then great. Keep in mind that a lot of businesses literally provide financing for their customers by accepting payments on a net 30 day basis - ship first, get paid later. You will need to map out the process clearly so that your developers and your customers understand exactly what you are willing to do. For example, how do you plan to handle returns? Do you plan to have them pay in full and then get a refund when the profuct is returned?

I hope this helps you focus your needs. Please let me know if you have more questions.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Charles! I really appreciate you taking your time to respond.

You bring up great points. I hadn’t thought about the refund end. You’re right, I might need to go back to the drawing board.

Thanks again.

2 Likes