Anyone recommend any books on finance/payments/economics?

I rather enjoyed “Capital in the 21st Century” by Piketty, although it had some weird opinions. I got recommended “Basic Economics” by Sowell a lot but never had a chance to get to it. Wondering if there are any other interesting books? Or even other sources of reading, I liked the original BitCoin whitepaper and (vitalik.ca)'s blog is great.

2 Likes

“Payment Systems in the US” is the classic. I read it when I first got into this space (Obviously, not very global).
I also have some of the Fintech Circle -Fintech Series books, but am not a fan.
On the Economics Front - “Free to Choose” by Milton Friedman is one of my all time favorite

Wow! Thanks for those suggestions, I’ll check them out

Another classic for payments nerds - “Anatomy of the Swipe”

Wondering if anyone has ever read Global Payments from Glenbook ?

Payment Systems in the US sits top of all the books in my office. It is a great primer for all things payments (in US) and how the schemas and networks work. I still get crossed on open-looped and closed-loop sometimes and this book clears it up. :nerd_face:

This is a great topic. I sometimes get caught up in the day-to-day and have stepped away from reading about economics and payments on my Kindle.

Right now I am re-reading Global Payments: And the Fintech Innovations Changing the Industry and about to start The Anatomy of the Swipe: Making Money Move

I want to now do more research and start a summer reading list around this topic. :books:

1 Like

Great suggestions, I’m adding all of them to my reading list.

1 Like

Just started this… anyone else read it?

1 Like

Great Book revolving around the Token economy topic…Writer has moved one step forward to summarize its vast literature and tells us about the networks like blockchain and other distributed ledgers as the pillar or one can even say it as backbone of the Web3, the socio-economic implications of the Web3 applications, from smart contracts, tokens, DAOs to the concepts of money, economics, governance and decentralized finance (DeFi).