Anyone recommend any books on finance/payments/economics?

I rather enjoyed “Capital in the 21st Century” by Piketty, although it had some weird opinions. I got recommended “Basic Economics” by Sowell a lot but never had a chance to get to it. Wondering if there are any other interesting books? Or even other sources of reading, I liked the original BitCoin whitepaper and (vitalik.ca)'s blog is great.

2 Likes

Payment Systems in the US” is the classic. I read it when I first got into this space (Obviously, not very global).
I also have some of the Fintech Circle -Fintech Series books, but am not a fan.
On the Economics Front - “Free to Choose” by Milton Friedman is one of my all time favorite

Wow! Thanks for those suggestions, I’ll check them out

Another classic for payments nerds - “Anatomy of the Swipe

Wondering if anyone has ever read Global Payments from Glenbook ?

Payment Systems in the US sits top of all the books in my office. It is a great primer for all things payments (in US) and how the schemas and networks work. I still get crossed on open-looped and closed-loop sometimes and this book clears it up. :nerd_face:

This is a great topic. I sometimes get caught up in the day-to-day and have stepped away from reading about economics and payments on my Kindle.

Right now I am re-reading Global Payments: And the Fintech Innovations Changing the Industry and about to start The Anatomy of the Swipe: Making Money Move

I want to now do more research and start a summer reading list around this topic. :books:

1 Like

Great suggestions, I’m adding all of them to my reading list.

1 Like