One day Betsy asked why cant Google Forms also help businesses accept and manage payments. Ryan a payments expert talked for 30 minutes about security, PCI, and the products limitations. But then… after a second look at open extensibility of Google applications he realized something! If we combine it with with the power of Rapyd Checkout… Why cant it…?
Rapyd G-Force builds on top of Google Forms and Google Sheets to provide easy to setup, no-code payment automation, creating three different experiences:
- Integrated Checkout
- Subscription Payments
- Automated Spreadsheet Invoicing
We leveraged a combination of the Rapyd Collect API’s, Google Apps Script, PHP, and a custom hosted checkout page to stitch together a seamless customer experience.
- Rapyd API’s require fairly complex encryption that has to be recreated in Google Apps Script.
- The Google Sheet Invoicing concept was brand new and required a new set of tools. We learned custom sheet functions re-load each time the sheet opens, causing us to implement new caching and local document storage to avoid creating duplicate checkouts.
- Building users tools rather than products empowers others to take what we’ve built and use them in endless new and creative ways.
- We have written 1000’s of lines of code so others don’t have to.
- Just how many different checkout options Rapyd supports around the world.
- Making a short video is hard when you have so much to share. : )